iMasons – Driving Change
In 2018 we launched the iMasons Diversity Champion Award to celebrate industry leaders whose work has made significant and sustained impact for underrepresented groups.
One of the most pressing challenges we face in the infrastructure industry is attracting and retaining talent – There simply aren’t enough available, qualified people to build and operate the systems that feed the insatiable appetite of the digital age. Fortunately, we needn’t look far for a solution: Women and other underrepresented groups represent a huge and relatively untapped pool of tech talent.
Infrastructure Masons is committed to help expand diversity and inclusion by promoting a culture of awareness in our industry. Our first step is to address the gender gap. Today, women represent less than 10% of the workforce with an even smaller percentage holding senior leadership positions. Our goal is to showcase and amplify the outstanding contributions of leaders who have opened the door and nurtured career opportunities for women. We are looking for candidates who have led by example and achieved tangible and sustained results.
The 2018 iMasons Diversity Champion Award was presented to Rob Roy (CEO, Switch) in June 2018. An event summary and video of the award presentation is available on our events page.
2018 Nomination Requirements/Considerations
- 2018 Diversity Champion Focus: Gender
- Nominee MUST have a direct role in the technical infrastructure industry.
- Submissions MUST be for an individual, not a group or a company.
- Nominations MUST come from an individual or group of individuals who have been directly impacted by the work of this nominee. No personal submissions.
- Nominee’s efforts MUST demonstrate tangible and sustained results. Minimum >3 years.
- Examples: Nominees can be individuals/leaders from startups, small/medium/large companies, charities or other organizations in the infrastructure industry. Nominees actions can be, but are not limited to, recruitment, retention, and/or implementing policies or programs enabling career opportunities and/or advancement for women.
2018 Nomination Process
- Summarize why you believe this person deserves the iMasons Diversity Champion Award (max 300 words).
- Provide supporting evidence of how their policies or actions have made significant and sustained impact to the group and/or individuals submitting this nomination.
- Provide at least three written testimonials from individuals who have been positively impacted by the actions of this nominee. Each testimonial should start with a summary, but we encourage detailed stories about this person’s efforts, motivation, and the significance of the actions they took. There is no restriction on the size of these testimonials.
- Email your submission to email@example.com
- Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Deadline: May 4, 2018
- Award: DataCloud Monaco, June 12, 2018
“The iMasons represent the community of professionals who build and operate the foundation of the digital age. On behalf of our membership I am proud to announce the launch of our first industry award – The iMasons Diversity Champion – to be presented at DataCloud Monaco. This tribute will celebrate leaders in our industry who have made significant and sustained impact for underrepresented groups. Our goal is to celebrate their achievements and use their work as a catalyst to attract a wider pool of talent to our growing industry.” – Dean Nelson, iMasons Founder