The iMasons are excited to be partnering with Salute Mission Critical to connect qualified veterans with digital infrastructure companies looking to add to their team!
For more information, please click here and join over fifty companies who have joined the Veteran’s Hiring Program with the iMasons. Hear from veterans and technology on the success that they have had in working with Salute Mission Critical
IM Veterans goal is to increase the number of military veterans in the digital infrastructure industry world-wide.
- Build (recruit) the veteran community in IM – Attract Military Veterans to pursue a career in this industry and to join Infrastructure Masons in order build a community of Military Veterans within Infrastructure Masons that collaborates and supports these programs.
- Raise awareness of our industry – Establish an effective communications program to increase digital infrastructure industry awareness with veterans, veteran support organizations and military institutions to include active duty, National Guard and reserves.
- Promote training and transition programs – Promote effective transition and training programs that are inclusive and comprehensive in nature to allow veterans with or without prior technical experience to participate.
- Promote education and development – Establish an effective communications program that informs Military Veterans of internships, education opportunities, scholarships, and career opportunities.
Interested in Veterans efforts within the Digital Infrastructure industry? There are several ways participate:
- Join the Veterans Community within the iMasons app. Engage with members who share interests around supporting veterans.
- Note: As of Q1’20 the Veterans Community holds quarterly teleconferences to discuss and facilitate planning of iMasons veterans activities.
- Become an Infrastructure Mason Military Liaison. You don’t have to be a veteran to have the passion to support veterans. We want passionate supporters to join our initiative to increase awareness in the military community of the opportunities and rewarding careers in Digital Infrastructure. IM Military Liaison’s raise awareness of our industry with the military community (including but not limited to active, guard and reserve; veteran support organizations; and functional affiliate groups). This is as simple as establishing communications with the site/organization that you are assigned and it is typically only a personal time commitment of 8 hours a year to support a tempo of semi-annual visits. By raising awareness of our industry, we all benefit (veterans, their families and the industry).
All iMasons members are invited to participate in our Committees, Member Resource Groups, and Local Chapters. To get engaged, sign into the iMasons App and select ‘Groups’.
“EdgeConneX has always been 100% supportive of Salute’s mission of creating great opportunities for our veterans. At the same time, the reason why Salute veterans supports us in so many of our data center facilities around the world is the proven success of the Salute training methodology and processes. The incredibly motivated and highly qualified veterans that staff and support our facilities are incredibly valued by our operations teams and most importantly by our customers.”
Randy Brockman, CEO, Edgeconnex
“The partnership between Salute Mission Critical and Infrastructure Masons is great for the industry and for veterans. Compass is proud of our long history with both organizations and our unfailing support for both veterans and military spouses.”
Chris Crosby, CEO, Compass Datacenters
“Together we can achieve more for veterans and military spouses and that is why I am thrilled with the strategic partnership between Salute Mission Critical and Infrastructure Masons.”
Lee Kirby, Chairman & Co-Founder, Salute Mission Critical
“I am thrilled to see the partnership between Salute Mission Critical and Infrastructure Masons in action. More veterans are choosing careers in data centers and that is good news for the industry. We know that veterans and their families make great Googlers, and we’re proud to offer diverse career paths where employees can have a tremendous impact.”
Joe Kava, VP, Google Data Centers
IM Veteran Alliance Partners
Veterans Member Resource Group Chair
Lee Kirby, Chairman, Salute Inc., has more than 40 years of experience in all aspects of information systems, strategic business development, finance, planning, human resources and administration both in the private and public sectors. Lee has successfully led several technology startups and turn-arounds as well as built and run world-class global operations.
He is a trusted advisor and independent consultant for various organizations in the data center sector and provides interim leadership to emerging and transforming technology companies. His core technical competency focuses on improving the performance of critical infrastructure through sustainable solutions that reduce operating costs across all industries. Lee provides leadership from business strategy development through funding to execution and his focus on sustainable operations has repeatedly driven value to all stakeholders. His primary focus, Salute, launched in 2013 and is focused on providing military veterans with job opportunities. By immersing the veterans and helping them gain experience and skills this initiative delivers a feeder system to the data center industry and the first step in a career for the veterans.
In addition to an MBA from University of Washington and further studies at Henley School of Business in London and Stanford University, Lee holds professional certifications in management and security (ITIL v3 Expert, Lean Six Sigma, CCO). He also serves as a frequent contributor for many industry conferences and publications. In addition to his many years as a successful technology industry leader, he has masterfully balanced a successful military career over 36 years (Ret. Colonel) and continues to serve as an advisor to many veteran support organizations.
Veterans Member Resource Group Vice Chair
Dr. Nicole K. Henley has worked in information technology for the past 20 years. She is an Operations Manager for Google Data Centers in Loudoun County, Virginia, focusing on deploying and maintaining Google’s world class infrastructure. She has held technology positions in multiple industries such as banking, aviation, the Federal Government, healthcare, and she was also enlisted in the U.S. Air Force. Prior to Google, Dr. Henley served as Vice President of Technology, overseeing the Data Center and Information Security Program for Emprise Bank. Dr. Henley has a successful track record of leading and recruiting diverse teams. She is passionate about the creativity, unity, and awareness that diversity brings to the workplace.
Dr. Henley holds several degrees and certifications in Information Technology and Cyber Security. She received professional recognition from the Wichita Business Journal for becoming a Certified Banking Cyber Security Manager. Dr. Henley holds a Bachelor of Science in information technology, Master of Science in information systems, and a Doctor of Management in organizational leadership.
In addition to being an Air Force veteran, Dr. Henley is also an active military spouse and proud mother of two teenagers. She enjoys attending church, traveling, and watching history documentaries.