IM Veterans goal is to increase the number of military veterans in the digital infrastructure industry world-wide.
- Build (recruit) the veteran community in IM – Attract Military Veterans to pursue a career in this industry and to join Infrastructure Masons in order build a community of Military Veterans within Infrastructure Masons that collaborates and supports these programs.
- Raise awareness of our industry – Establish an effective communications program to increase digital infrastructure industry awareness with veterans, veteran support organizations and military institutions to include active duty, National Guard and reserves.
- Promote training and transition programs – Promote effective transition and training programs that are inclusive and comprehensive in nature to allow veterans with or without prior technical experience to participate.
- Promote education and development – Establish an effective communications program that informs Military Veterans of internships, education opportunities, scholarships, and career opportunities.
Interested in Veterans efforts within the Digital Infrastructure industry? There are several ways participate:
- Join the Veterans Community within the iMasons app. Engage with members who share interests around supporting veterans.
- Note: As of Q1’20 the Veterans Community holds quarterly teleconferences to discuss and facilitate planning of iMasons veterans activities.
- Become an Infrastructure Mason Military Liaison. You don’t have to be a veteran to have the passion to support veterans. We want passionate supporters to join our initiative to increase awareness in the military community of the opportunities and rewarding careers in Digital Infrastructure. IM Military Liaison’s raise awareness of our industry with the military community (including but not limited to active, guard and reserve; veteran support organizations; and functional affiliate groups). This is as simple as establishing communications with the site/organization that you are assigned and it is typically only a personal time commitment of 8 hours a year to support a tempo of semi-annual visits. By raising awareness of our industry, we all benefit (veterans, their families and the industry).
All iMasons members are invited to participate in our Committees, Member Resource Groups, and Local Chapters. To get engaged, sign into the iMasons App and select ‘Groups’.
IM Veteran Military Affiliation