India Local Chapter
The iMasions India Chapter was launched in Mumbai in February 2020.
The iMasons India Chapter met for the first time in Mumbai during the Broad Group’s DataCloud event.
A workshop was arranged to determine the priorities of the iM India Chapter. Dean Nelson (iMason Founder and Chairman) and Simon Allen (iMason Executive Director) introduced the attendees to the purpose and value of the IMasons and how a iMasons Chapter could support the anticipated exponential growth in Digital Infrastructure. The attendees were then split into 3 groups to brainstorm the priorities then each group presented their findings.
Summary Results – How can iM India best support the DI industry, particularly in an environment of explosive growth?
- Provide input to the Indian government. iM India could consolidate collective efforts to help influence policy making for Dark Fibre, Data Centre Parks, etc. At the moment everyone is lobbying separately – iM is independent and we leave our companies at the door. Possibly have a delegation to talk with government officials. This could help the entire industry and help support growth.
- Transparent regulatory framework
- Sustainable Policies
- Understanding best practices from around the world (Connecting with iMasons from around the world and helping each other Grow and Give Back)
- Is the Supply Chain Geared up to Handle the Scale? Constraint in resources. Everyone is or will be feeling it. Ask vendors to “Indianise” local assembly. How can we best adapt / learn to enhance productivity of supply chain (cooperation?)
- Quality of talent Where is the next generation of talent coming from? Young people are going into code, not digital infrastructure. Need to increase awareness. Maybe encourage / drive education providers to deliver courses on Digital Infrastructure. Government has some focus, but as an industry we need to help concentrate the focus to deliver enhanced skills
We are the Builders of the Digital Age
India Local Chapter Lead – Narendra Sen
Narendra Sen is the founder and CEO of RackBank Datacenters Pvt Ltd, which is solving the digital infrastructure challenges of the global tech-giants by building Asia’s biggest Hyperscale Data Center Platform in India, starting with Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Noida.
He is the brain behind India’s first Data Centre Park, a 100-acre project of Madhya Pradesh State Electronics Development Corporation (MPSEDC) of the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- He was the youngest entrepreneur to have been nominated as a participant in a Business Delegation led by Honourable President of India Pranab Mukherjee in Sweden in June 2015.
- He has been nominated for the “Young Digital Leader of the Year award” and was invited to be a panel speaker on a discussion on the topic “Asia’s Digital Charge – An Overview of Digital Deployment and Investment” at Datacloud Global Congress and Awards 2019 held on June 4-6 in Monaco.
How to get involved
Any iMason Member can join any Chapter – to join the India Chapter please click on this LINK
If you’re not an iM Member – then we’d love to have you as part of our community – please click on this LINK ($99 annual)