The Education Committee’s mission is to increase the flow of talent into digital infrastructure industries by:
- raising awareness of career and educational opportunities among high-school and post-secondary college, university, technical school, and professional students world-wide;
- identifying and partner with high quality training and education programs that help people enter and advance in the digital infrastructure industry;
- provide scholarships to students in and entering those partner education and training programs, and
- supporting the development of curricula and training programs with partner institutions.
iMasons Bridging the Talent Gap in a Booming Industry: Infrastructure Masons was featured in the October 2021 issue of Data Centre Magazine. In this exclusive interview, Jeff Omelchuck discussed accelerating the flow of talent into the digital infrastructure industry. Read the full article here (begins on page 104)
- Develop a list of high-quality digital infrastructure-specific training and education programs for iMasons to partner with, and the specific criteria for evaluating current and new programs;
- Provide guidance to the iMasons Scholarship program, awarding students in or entering iMasons partner training and education programs;
- Develop a digital infrastructure job ladder, showing how and where to enter our industry, and paths to advance within it
- identify the digital infrastructure jobs our community is having the hardest time filling, and the skills needed for those jobs
- communicate those skill needs to education and training institutions to enable them to deliver more people with those skills to the industry.
iMasons offers scholarships to students in or entering qualifying digital infrastructure-specific training and education programs. For more information click here.
How to Participate
All iMasons members are invited to participate in our Committees, Member Resource Groups, and Local Chapters. To get engaged, sign into the iMasons App and select ‘Groups’.