Digital Infrastructure Futures Foundation
To maximize our impact on our strategic objectives, iMasons has created the Digital Infrastructure Futures Foundation (DIFF) with the mission to accelerate the adoption and use of digital infrastructure by increasing education and access opportunities for underrepresented communities. The formation of DIFF provides these benefits:
- As a 501c3 charity, contributions to DIFF by individuals are tax deductible as charitable donations in the US and many other countries;
- DIFF is eligible for employee giving programs of most large employers, making it easy for those employees to give;
- DIFF is eligible for an employer match to most employee donations, amplifying the impact of employee donations;
- DIFF is eligible for gifts from Donor Advised Funds (DAFs), which are a common way for wealthy individuals in the US to give to charities;
- DIFF is eligible for grants from large foundations and government agencies.
In the near term DIFF will focus on supporting the iMasons scholarship program. In the longer term, DIFF’s activities will expand to include initiatives to address the digital divide and potentially other focuses.