2021 Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award
The D&I Champion award recognizes an individual who has made a sustained contribution to Diversity and Inclusion in the digital infrastructure industry.
One of the most pressing challenges we face in the digital infrastructure industry is attracting and retaining talent – there simply aren’t enough available, qualified people in the current talent pool to build and operate the systems and continue the pace of technological innovation. Fortunately, we needn’t look far for a solution: women and other underrepresented groups represent a huge and relatively untapped pool of tech talent.
Infrastructure Masons are committed to expanding diversity and inclusion by promoting a culture of awareness in our industry. The Infrastructure Masons launched The Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award in 2018 to recognize and celebrate achievers in diversity and inclusion so their contributions become visible, rewarded and amplified throughout the industry.
The aim is to change the image of the industry and convince underrepresented groups to consider a career in IT and attract a wider group of people to the industry. As a result, both shortlisted entrants and winners of the 2018, 2019, and 2020 awards have continued their great work and are encouraged to do more. We are excited to present the Infrastructure Masons Diversity and Inclusion Champion 2021 Award to celebrate industry leaders whose work has made significant and sustained impact for underrepresented groups.
The award recognizes individuals that have both demonstrated leadership and have gone above and beyond to support diversity and inclusion. Particular consideration will be given to individuals who have shown to be bold, daring and ambitious over a sustained period of time with demonstrable results.
We’ll be considering those who have delivered initiatives or acted as role models that celebrate the individual and foster greater diversity. This is a global award and we welcome entries from any strand of diversity that is relevant in your area of the world, including but not limited to: gender, age, thinking styles, ethnicity, religion, race, experiences, nationality, race, culture, sexual orientation and physical abilities.
- Nominees MUST have a direct role in the digital infrastructure industry.
- Submissions MUST be for an individual, not a group or a company.
- Nominations MUST come from an individual or group of individuals who have been directly impacted by the work of this nominee. No personal submissions.
- Nominee’s efforts MUST demonstrate tangible and sustained results.
- Examples: Nominees can be individuals/leaders from any type of organization in the industry from start-ups, small/medium/large companies, charities or other organizations in the infrastructure industry.
- Nominees actions can be, but are not limited to, recruitment, retention, and/or implementing policies or programs enabling career opportunities and/or advancement for any underrepresented groups. Actions can also be about making a product or service more inclusive and accessible.
A distinguished panel of practitioners, academics and business leaders will be appointed to complete the judging. Once the entry deadline is reached all entries will be carefully examined and scored by the shortlisting panel of experts. The following criteria will be used:
- Outcome/tangible results, that can be demonstrated
- Personal values e.g. commitment, courage, demonstrable inclusive behavior (Verify against website text)
- Strategic – linked to organizations’ key objectives
- Innovative/ground breaking
How to Enter
There is no charge to enter the Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award so get your thinking cap on and start putting your entries together!
- Summarize why you believe this person deserves the Infrastructure Masons Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award (max 300 words).
- Please list the policies and/or actions alongside supporting evidence that have made significant and sustained impact to the group and/or individuals submitting this nomination.
- Provide details on how this individual has positive impacted Diversity and Inclusion efforts.
- Provide an Executive Bio and photo for the nominee (the photo will be used to celebrate the winner and not used in determining the award recipient)
The 2021 nominations closed on September 30, 2021. The Diversity and Inclusion Champion award will be announced at the iMasons Award Ceremony on December 15, 2021.