The Infrastructure Masons Technical Committee is responsible for driving the technical activities of the organization. Participation is limited to Infrastructure Masons members.
The objectives of the Technical Committee are:
- Coordinating and accelerating technical discussion in and among the TC Working Groups (WGs)
- Submitting technical proposals to the Board of Directors (BoD);
- Respond to technical requests from the BoD;
- Define meaningful, user-centric models, metrics and protocols;
- Develop specifications, measurement methods, processes and innovative technologies to improve performance against the defined metrics;
- Define the technical strategy for Infrastructure Masons; implement technical strategy as approved by the BoD
- Support public statements made on behalf of Infrastructure Masons with technical content
- To the extent that the TC is duly authorized by the BoD, create iMasons technical Working Groups and mechanisms for members to participate in Working Groups
- To the extent that the TC is duly authorized by the BoD, act as technical liaison to appropriate external organizations (e.g. ASHRAE, DoE, etc…)
- Working with iMasons members, collect and analyze useful data on data center characteristics and performance
- Keep iMasons members informed on ongoing technical developments and other appropriate matters
All iMasons End User and Partner Members are entitled to participate in the activities of the Technical Committee. All members of the TC are considered voting members. Voting members can volunteer or be nominated by any other iMasons member, and must be approved by the TC Chair and the Board of Directors.
Technical Committee activities are supported and facilitated by Work Groups and Task Forces.