iMasons Diversity Champion
Outstanding Contribution to Advance Career Opportunities for Underrepresented Groups in Infrastructure
This year The Infrastructure Masons are launching the iMasons Diversity Champion Award to celebrate industry leaders whose work has made significant and sustained impact for underrepresented groups. The 1st Award will be presented at DataCloud Monaco*, June 12, 2018.
One of the most pressing challenges we face in the infrastructure industry is attracting and retaining talent – There simply aren’t enough available, qualified people to build and operate the systems that feed the insatiable appetite of the digital age. Fortunately, we needn’t look far for a solution: Women and other underrepresented groups represent a huge and relatively untapped pool of tech talent.
Infrastructure Masons is committed to help expand diversity and inclusion by promoting a culture of awareness in our industry. Our first step is to address the gender gap. Today, women represent less than 10% of the workforce with an even smaller percentage holding senior leadership positions.
Our goal is to showcase and amplify the outstanding contributions of leaders who have opened the door and nurtured career opportunities for women. We are looking for candidates who have led by example and achieved tangible and sustained results.
Photo Mercy Manning – Group Leader at Infrastructure Masons Women and Dr Julie Albright at a recent iM Women meeting
iMasons Diversity Champion Award
• Nominee MUST have a direct role in the technical infrastructure industry.
• Submissions MUST be for an individual, not a group or a company.
• Nominations MUST come from an individual or group of individuals who have been directly impacted by the work of this nominee. No personal submissions.
• Nominee’s efforts MUST demonstrate tangible and sustained results. Minimum >3 years.
• Examples: Nominees can be individuals/leaders from startups, small/medium/large companies, charities or other organizations in the infrastructure industry. Nominees actions can be, but are not limited to, recruitment, retention, and/or implementing policies or programs enabling career opportunities and/or advancement for women.
• Summarize why you believe this person deserves the iMasons Diversity Champion Award (max 300 words).
• Provide supporting evidence of how their policies or actions have made significant and sustained impact to the group and/or individuals submitting this nomination.
• Provide at least three written testimonials from individuals who have been positively impacted by the actions of this nominee. Each testimonial should start with a summary, but we encourage detailed stories about this person’s efforts, motivation, and the significance of the actions they took. There is no restriction on the size of these testimonials.
Please Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions. again please contact: email@example.com
Submission Deadline: May 4, 2018. Award: DataCloud Monaco, June 12, 2018
The iMasons represent the community of professionals who build and operate the foundation of the digital age. On behalf of our membership I am proud to announce the launch of our first industry award – The iMasons Diversity Champion – to be presented at DataCloud Monaco. This tribute will celebrate leaders in our industry who have made significant and sustained impact for underrepresented groups. Our goal is to celebrate their achievements and use their work as a catalyst to attract a wider pool of talent to our growing industry.” Dean Nelson . Founder of the iMasons.
To Bridge the Tech Talent Gap, Hire More Women
One of the most pressing challenges we face in IT infrastructure is talent. There simply are not enough available, qualified people in the current talent pool to do all the work that needs to be done to keep up with the breakneck pace of technological innovation. The solution is a huge and relatively untapped pool of talent right here at home: women, who hold 57% of all professional occupations but just 25% of computing-related jobs.
Please read our Blog Blog – Bridging the Tech Talent Gap – Hire More Women
DataCloud Monaco, June 12, 2018
The Datacloud Awards gala dinner and ceremony will take place at the prestigious Le Sporting Club, in Monte Carlo on the evening of 12th June 2018 hosted by a special celebrity guest.
The Meaning of ‘Infrastructure Masons’
Given that names do have real meaning, we want to clarify what the name ‘Infrastructure Masons’ means – and doesn’t.
Juliet told Romeo that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but just as it did in fact matter that he was a Montague and she was a Capulet, names do have meaning. The name ‘Infrastructure Masons’ does. But perhaps not the meaning that first comes to your mind.
Indeed, we’ve received feedback – particularly as we expand into Europe – that the name ‘Infrastructure Masons’ evokes images of the Freemasons, and all the complex history that goes with. That was not our intention. Please read our blog The meaning of Infrastructure Masons
Next iM Event is in London at Google
Infrastructure Masons will hold a local meeting at Google London on 6th April 2018. We’re calling these meetups “iM Events,” where you’ll get a chance to work on issues important to the industry, learn of key R&D initiatives and industry trends and have the opportunity to network with iMason colleagues’ iM Event at Google London