Spain Local Chapter Meeting
Founded in April of 2016, Infrastructure Masons is a non-profit association of Digital Infrastructure professionals guided by an Advisory Council of industry leaders responsible for some of the largest and most advanced digital infrastructure portfolios in the world. iMasons is very active in addressing the talent gap through Education, Training and Scholorships and promoting diversity.
The overarching aim of iMasons is to “Connect, Grow and Give Back“. An iMasons Local Chapter is a geographically specified area or region where the Digital Infrastructure Industry (End Users and Partners) benefit from regional focus and coordination. Whenever iMasons meet – we leave our companies at the door.
iMasons Spain Chapter Champion
iMasons are honored that Patricia Rodríguez Henríquez has agreed to lead the iMasons Spanish Chapter. Patricia is particularly interested in iMason’s work on Diversity and Inclusion.
The purpose of the meeting was to workshop, determine, and document the priorities of the iMasons Spain Chapter. For example – what issues are better addressed collectively than as individuals.
The meeting (thanks to DCD for hosting) was well attended (full house) by senior individuals working in Digital Infrastructure in Spain and Latin America.
The attendees were split into 4 groups for a think tank where they discussed what the priorities for the iM Spain Chapter. Feedback included acting as an interface between the Spanish Digital Infrastructure Industry and Government, attracting new talent, raising awareness, and encouraging a more aggressive and confident approach to growth.
Improve Sector Visibility
- Share and Document Success Stories (Help attract investment)
- Document Positive Impact on National & Local Economies
- Spotlight on Local Champions
- Coordinate action on infrastructure investment
iMasons have established initiatives to raise awareness of the Digital Infrastructure industry to young people and address diversity and inclusion. iM Spain Chapter can leverage this work
- Awareness – To young people
- Awareness – Make the sector attractive to professionals in other industries
- Identify and define the job positions most in demand
Energy, Regulations and Sustainability
- Promote changes in regulations, subsidies and taxation that would make Spain more attractive (investment and operations).
- Support Green Energy and promote it in the sector
The next iM Spain Chapter meeting is being planned and a date will be announced – please watch the iM Events page for more details.