France Local Chapter Launch and Meeting
The initial meeting of the iMasons France Chapter was held on June 5th in Monaco.
Founded in April of 2016, Infrastructure Masons is a non-profit association of Digital Infrastructure professionals guided by an Advisory Council of industry leaders responsible for some of the largest and most advanced digital infrastructure portfolios in the world. iMasons is very active in addressing the talent gap through Education, Training and Scholarships and promoting diversity.
The overarching aim of iMasons is to “Connect, Grow and Give Back“. An iMasons Local Chapter is a geographically specified area or region where the Digital Infrastructure Industry (End Users and Partners) benefit from regional focus and coordination. Whenever iMasons meet – we leave our companies at the door.
Legrand – Founder Partner France Chapter
iMasons is excited to welcome Legrand as the Founder Partner for the French iM Chapter. The iM France Chapter joins a growing ecosystem of other EMEA iM Chapters in Nordics, Spain, Italy and UAE.
iMason’s mission to unite the Builders of The Digital age and “Connect Grow and Give Back” is perfectly aligned with Legrand philosophy and approach.
Frederic Xerri, Executive VP Europe
Chapter Meeting 5th June Monaco – Outputs
The purpose of the meeting was to workshop, determine, and document the priorities of iMasons France Chapter. For example – what issues are better addressed collectively than as individuals.
Attendees were split into groups for a think tank where they discussed what the priorities for the iM France Chapter. Feedback included;
- iM France acting as an interface between the French Digital Infrastructure Industry and Government.
- Encourage Government to offer incentives to attract more investment into France
- Encourage Government to address issues such as connectivity.
- Attracting new talent – Leverage iM initiatives on Education, Diversity and Inclusion and awareness – with a French focus and approach.
- iM (and Partner) work on Job Ladder / Career path will be very helpful
- Participate in other iM Local Chapter meetings to share experiences and educate on different cultures and business practices.
- Encourage a more aggressive and confident approach to growth. Promote attractiveness of French market – energy 30% cheaper than similar markets in Europe.
- Sustainability – various ideas to promote sustainability. To be channelled through iM Sustainability committee.
The next iM France Chapter meeting will be a Dinner in Paris in November 2019. Stay tuned for more information.