Global Member Summit – Monaco
iMasons participated prominently in the Datacloud Global Congress 2019, which included:
- Presentation of the iM Sustainability Champion Award as part of the Datacloud Europe Awards Dinner on June 4th.
- Host of the inaugural iM Local Chapter France meeting, iM EdgeMasons meeting, and Global Member Summit on June 5th.
4th June 11:30 – 13:30 at The Grimaldi Forum (Invite Only)
iMasons Workshop – Job Ladder
4th June 14:30 – 16:30 at The Grimaldi Forum (Invite Only)
iMasons Advisory Council Meeting
4th June from 19:00 at Le Sporting (Invite Only)
Datacloud Awards Dinner & Presentation of the “iM Sustainability Champion Award”
5th June – Agenda throughout the day – at The Grimaldi Forum (Members Only)
9:00 – 10:30 iM Local Chapter France
– Inaugural Meeting of the French Chapter of the iMasons. The overarching aim of iM is to “Connect, Grow and Give Back” and an iM Local Chapter is a geographically specified area or region where the digital infrastructure industry (End Users and Partners) would benefit from regional focus and coordination. The purpose of the meeting is to workshop, determine and document the priorities of iM France Chapter. For example – what issues are better addressed collectively than as individuals.
11:00 – 12:30 iM EdgeMasons
– A team of iMasons working cooperatively to develop an infrastructure-focused taxonomy of terms related to Edge computing and architecture. EdgeMasons have partnered with the Linux Foundation – LF Edge (working to establish a unified open source framework for the edge) where EdgeMasons contribution is to focus on taxonomy of edge terminology.
14:00 – 16:30 Global Member Summit
– Fireside Chat with Oliver Jones
Fireside Chats have become a popular feature of iMason meetings. For our Monaco session we hosted Oliver Jones, co-founder and Chief Executive of Chayora. Chayora is developing large, fully licensed data centre sites in key cities across China.
– Think Tank Discussion: How can iMasons help effectively connect with digital infrastructure processionals in China?
Think Tanks are a regular feature of iMasons gatherings. These sessions are where the great brains of the industry come together to address the challenges we face as we continue to grow and evolve. Our Monaco Think Tank leveraged discussions from our Fireside Chat and continued the “China” theme to include discussion on opportunities and challenges facing the industry and international businesses that want to be part of the journey.